Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Recipe: Peanut Butter Cake

Take your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe.
Embrace your "I don't want to actually make cookies" laziness.
Put entire batter into (well-greased) pan.
Bake.

Share with the pups if you're so inclined!

Which is basically what happened when I wanted peanut butter cookies but was too lazy to make the cookie. The cake is denser than cookies, obviously, but it's just as delicious!

This is the recipe I used from Food.com. Yes, it's for dogs, but note lack of sugar! I did add a little local honey for sweetness, but since I don't add honey/sugar to my PB & J sandwiches, why should I to my cookies/cake?
  • 2 12 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 34 cup milk
  • 1 cup shortening (I used unsalted butter)
  • 1 cup peanut butter
 
These are their directions for actual cookies.
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix all ingredients together.
  3. Shape into walnut size balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
  4. Press criss cross into each ball with fork.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes.
  6. Let cool completely.
  7. Feed to your special puppy.
These are MY directions for PB cake:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix all ingredients together.
  3. Grease pan (your choice as to what kind)
  4. Press every ounce of dough you don't eat into pan
  5. Bake for 20 minutes. (Or until the tester stick comes out clean--my over is gas & old so I never go by these times.)
  6. Let cool completely. (Or until you can't wait any longer!)
  7. Share with the puppy who smelled the peanut butter a mile away and has patiently waited until you deigned to share.

1 comment: