Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wednesday Regency: Napoleon Invades Russia


And is defeated. Badly. Because he didn't plan. Maybe he wasn't as great a tactician as everyone thought. (Plus those poor horses!)


I debated writing about this ages ago, as Napoleon marched through eastern Europe. It was going to be set in Austria, on the homefront, but there is little, okay, nothing written about the Austrian homefront during the Napoleonic Wars.

Or there wasn't when I wanted to write this. I wonder if I could find anything now?

So yes, I stalled and went on to write many other Regency romances all set in England where there is copious amounts of information during that time.

How do you feel about a Regency set outside England? Just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment