Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, August 9, 2010

Plotting

I have 2 new ideas, one for a sexy retelling of a fairy tale and another as a remake of a classic book. Have a couple in mind but want to see which is easier to retell before diving in. However, I finally, after many starts and stops, figured out what's wrong with my Regency ménage. I thought it was because I added in a fourth when it wasn't called for. Then I thought I needed to take the ménage, keep it as such, and move it in a different direction.

Alas, it's really a combination of them. I don't need the fourth, and taking the ménage in a different direction is what's needed, however it's not the rest of the plot, which equals clost to 20K words. That takes away from the story I want to tell.

Despite it being a threesome, the third in this story isn't a main character. So really it's a couple plus one. In taking the couple, and putting them through hell before their happy ending, it makes what I want to do with all three of them fuller and in the end, their story that much richer.

And therein lies the last of the posts I'm going to do on this story! I want to move on! Get to other things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment