Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What I'll never write about

Granted, my stories tend to run in the highly erotic, more menage direction, but I had a conversation this weekend with a friend who wanted to know if I'd ever write straight fiction.

1. NO
2. I like what I write, who needs to be literary? I enjoy reading what I write, therefore, I like writing what I write.
3. In straight literary fiction, I think (but didn't get into it) that she meant political stuff.

Now, I'm not opposed to adding in political intrigue into my stories, and aside from the fact that I tend to write historicals, I have no desire to jump into any political arena. Politics are for arguing, screaming at each other about the state of the world. No thanks. Sure you can have hot sex scenes with a political bent, but I'd prefer not to have all that blood-pressure rising anger that usually accompies these things.

1 comment:

  1. There's definite truth to "write what you love"! If you write what someone else wants/thinks you should write about, it's too much like work. :-)

    ReplyDelete