Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Things I'm grateful for

Got some bad news last night regarding the health of 2 people I care about. It made me realize how grateful I am about all the things in my life. I push myself to do a lot, work, family, writing, but this had me taking a step back and looking at life from outside the box.

  • I'm grateful for my family. They're understanding and caring, and even though they insist on eating every day, they still allow me my "Don't disturb me I'm writing" time.
  • I'm grateful for my job. Who'd have thunk it, but especially in this economy where the "official" jobless rate is 9.6% but really closer to 12% (counting all those ineligible for unemployment, and there are many, or whose unemployment has run out).
  • I'm grateful for my health, colds, migraines, and all. I'm not on medication, I'm not in the hospital, and I'm not so infirm I can't do anything I want to.
  • I'm grateful for my writing. That I have this creative outlet to explore strange new worlds, be they historical, paranormal, or anything else my devious little mind can think up.
  • I'm grateful to have the opportunities I have, to live in a country where it's all possible.

I'm sure there are many other things I'm grateful for, but let's not nitpick (running water, heat/cold, flushing toilets, caffeine). What about you? What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment