Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Recipe: Dessert Crepes

I looked through the Mother's Day recipe suggestions on All Recipes, given that it's Mother's Day in America on Sunday, and really, really wanted to make the Overnight Blueberry French Toast but I don't really like French Toast (too soggy) and the overnight idea turned me off. Unless it's marinating meat (meat, dish, dump marinate in, BBQ), anything that needs 10 hours (or overnight) to make isn't something I'm going to do. But if you decide to make it, please let me know how it turned out!

Crepes on the other hand, I'm all over! Especially given the ready 20 minutes incentive! (Okay, I admit...it took me about 40. I got distracted!)

Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:20 Min

Ingredients
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/3 cups milk (I use organic because that's what I have in the house)
2 tablespoons butter, melted (I use unsalted)
1 cup all-purpose flour (I use unbleached)
2 tablespoons white sugar (I use unbleached/raw)
1/2 teaspoon salt (I skip this, there's enough salt in my regular diet to compensate and it didn't affect taste)

Directions
In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, flour sugar and salt until smooth.
Heat a medium-sized skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Grease pan with a small amount of butter or oil applied with a brush or paper towel. Using a serving spoon or small ladle, spoon about 3 tablespoons crepe batter into hot pan, tilting the pan so that bottom surface is evenly coated. Cook over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes on a side, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 164 Total Fat: 7.7g Cholesterol: 125mg

No comments:

Post a Comment