Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 hours (in the crock pot)
- 6 large tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges; transfer to a 3-qt.
- slow cooker. Drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugars, flour,
- cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve in dessert dishes with ice cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 285 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.