Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, June 4, 2010

Creative time

I read the start of The Other 8 Hours by Robert Pagliarini. Now I don't have 8 hours where I can decompress and be creative; that'd take me to at least 1 am and frankly I get little enough sleep as is. That would cut my sleep down to 5 hours 30 minutes and I need way more than that!

But time aside, the concept is decent. Basically, in y own words, if you want to get ahead, you have to do that during this off time. Not during the day job (which I need) or during your sleep (which I also need!) but during this other time. I'm not finished it, and may not (it is a time thing after all) but the theory is sound.

Prioritize commitments is the big thing (getting rid of our big time sucks, though I don't agree with everything like reading: hello!) What's most important? OK, writing is. Yes, family is hugely important but the have their own time, the rest (teeny tiny slices) are mine.

So writing is what I want to do, it's what is most important to me. Now I have to carve out time to do it without letting things interfere. Frankly, this is the hardest part but until I get into a routine, or convince the fam that this is important and me on the computer isn't me playing games, I just have to.

Nike had it right: Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment