Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Recipe

Still on my soup kick and will be until it's officially warm every single day! I might have long to wait for that, but I'm willing. I'm so over winter and this constant cold!

Last week I shared the recipe I made for sausage soup. If anyone ever wonders where I get the majority of my stuff, it's AllRecipes.com just be sure to check the box that says: Show recipes with photos. Mostly because I like pictures.

Toscana Soup:
Ingredients
12 links spicy pork sausage, sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
3/4 cup diced onion
1 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons chicken soup base
4 cups water
2 potatoes, halved and sliced
2 cups sliced kale
1/3 cup heavy cream (I used cream, but the 1/2 the fat kind. I don't know if it changed the taste/texture but it was much healthier!)

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2.Place sausage links on a baking sheet and bake 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
3.Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent; add garlic and cook 1 minute.
4.Stir in broth, water and potatoes; simmer 15 minutes.
5.Reduce heat to low and add sausage, kale and cream; simmer until heated through and serve.

Amount Per Serving Calories: 271 | Total Fat: 21.7g | Cholesterol: 72mg

No comments:

Post a Comment