Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Recipe: Blackberry-Bourbon Lemonade

I was tooling around the internet looking for tasty drinks for the 4th cookouts. I found this Blackberry-Bourbon originally on the Better Homes and Gardens site but it was a video and I prefer my recipes to be in text. No, I don't know why. So I searched again and found Eat, Love, Drink and their recipe.

Let me tell you, the drink was delicious!

Makes 4 servings
  • 2 c blackberries
  • 2 c water
  • juice from 3 lemons
  • Brown sugar simple syrup: dissolve 1/2 c sugar in 1/2 c water
  • 6 oz bourbon
  • optional lemon wedges and mint for garnish
In the bottom of a pitcher (or pot, if you don’t have a good pitcher for this), dump the blackberries.  With a muddler (or a pestle, a ladel, or even a potato masher…I mean, who has a muddler?) lightly mush up the blackberries.  You want to get them juicy without totally destroying their shape.

Add the rest of the ingredients.  Stir.  Pour over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment