Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday Recipe: Easy Slow Cooker Squash

I love squash. Planted some in my garden and can't wait for it to grow so I can have fresh squash. And anyone who reads my Friday Recipe blog knows how much I love my slow cooker. Combine the two? Perfection.

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Servings: 6
Ingredients:
4 pounds yellow summer squash, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 pound processed cheese food cubed (I used block cheese)
Directions:
1. Place the squash and onion into a pot, and pour in enough water just to cover. Bring to a boil, cover the pot, and simmer the vegetables until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not stir. Drain the squash and onion in a colander set in the sink.
2. Gently layer the cooked squash and onions, cubes of butter, and cheese food cubes in a slow cooker. Set the cooker on Low, and cook until the squash are very tender and the butter and cheese have formed a creamy sauce, about 1 hour. Do not stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment