Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Recipe: Vitamin Smoothie

I was looking for different smoothie recipes for the summer. Though I really like mine, I wanted a change. My recipe is simple: bunch of fruit (including but not always: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, grapes (red or green), apple, and cherries) , 1 full beet (cleaned and baked, then frozen), 2 pinches kale (cleaned, chopped, then frozen), 1 banana, 1 cup plain organic yogurt, 2 tablespoons flaxseed, 2 tablespoons wheat germ, 1 cup green tea mixed with avocado, 1 cup V8 Fusion juice. Blended well.

Most of my berries I freeze. Either I buy them frozen during the winter months or I wash (using a vinegar and water rinse), dry, and tray freeze them for future use. But I was looking online for a couple new ones and found this I thought I'd share. It's from Dr. Oz's site. He had a few, and while I think I'll stick to my recipe for now, it never hurts to have options!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup papaya
  • 1/2 cup kale
  • 1/2 cup spinach
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 green apple

Directions

Put all ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment