Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

e-Publishers how I love you

OK, so I don't actually know what it's like to work with a print publisher, and given the genre I tend to write in, doubt very much I'll ever have that opportunity. I don't bemoan it, I'm very happy where I am right now. In 10 years? Who knows, but at this moment, I'm not in the future.

Back on track here, I recently had a conversation (and by that I mean an email one...is it still called a conversation? Correspondence? I'm not sure) with my editor at Ravenous about my next book. I was going to do a contemporary menage with the same characters from Killer Valentine, moving them along in both their romance and sexual exploration as well as in their jobs and what everything had to do with each other.

After this conversation/correspondence I'm changing tracks and writing another Regency menage. The deadline has been pushed back to May 31, 2011 from April 1, and I'm now eagerly plotting the story.

So why do I *heart* e-pubs? Because of the ready conversations, the ease with which I can talk with them, the fact that 2 weeks before my deadline I can change tracks and write something totally different for 8 weeks later and they're perfectly fine with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment