6 good sized new potatoes, scrubbed real good
4 tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c. white wine (add to taste!)
- Scrub your potatoes good and chop.
- Melt the butter at medium heat. Use a heavy skillet that has a good fitting lid.
- Fry the potatoes until they're just about done, put the garlic in with the potatoes, turn the heat up to high for a minute or so, and pour the wine over the potatoes.
- Immediately cover the skillet with the lid and reduce the heat to medium.
- Poach for at least 5-7 minutes.
- Stir if necessary after steam has subsided to keep from burning.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. You can also sprinkle Cheddar cheese or Parmesan on these to change the character of the dish.