Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Recipe: Peanut Butter and Jelly

Yes, yes, I know, a little tongue in cheek. But, since I often post a recipe that's a little more involved, I thought I'd go back to basics today.

Hands down, PBandJ was my favorite lunch when I was in school. I know many people have a peanut allergy but I didn't like lunch meat then and still don't like mayo or mustard, a typical addition to lunch meat sandwiches. So for the majority of my schooling (including college) I ate peanut butter and jelly.

The jellies varied: grape, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, it didn't matter as long as I had a steady supply to go with the peanut butter.

What's your favorite jelly?

Ingredients:
2 slices of bread (your choice)
Peanut Butter (I prefer chunky but again, your choice)
Jelly (So many to choose from...)
Knife for spreading

Directions:
Toast bread (optional)
One one slice spread peanut butter to taste
One the second slice spread jelly to taste
Merge both slices of bread into one sandwich
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment