41/2 inches thick bone-in pork chops
Ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon Dijon-style or spicy mustard
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon paprika (skipped this, not big on paprika)
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (skipped this, not a fan of nutmeg)
Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- Season pork with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and onion to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes; turn pork and onions. Cook for 3 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine preserves, mustard, the water, paprika, and nutmeg. Heat in microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Pour over pork in skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through (slightly pink in center).
- Divide pork and onion mixture among serving plates. If desired, top with sage.
- Nutrition Facts (Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops)
- 503 kcal cal.,
- 32 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 15 g monounsatured fat),
- 89 mg chol.,
- 313 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet