Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, April 9, 2015

DIY Thursday: Gardening

Another spring, another try at a vegetable garden. I've tried every year for the last several. It starts out so well. Not only my enthusiasm but the garden itself. Then, as time passes and my plants don't grow, or grow sporadically, my discouragement does.

This year I'm trying something different: Soil. As in a ton of fresh dirt dumped on my garden. My yard has dirt. With things embedded in it: glass, rubber, concrete. I have no idea why. Whoever lived in this house before me must've either been a slob or tried to build the yard level up with stuff.

All I know is that I need a fresh start and fresh soil is the way to go. Will till what I have there now, then dump (read: have delivered) topsoil. And then I'll plant my garden.

This is the year! (I say that every year. I really believe in it this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment