Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nifty gadget

I was reading the Live Journal Mandelo at Work and noticed the word count at the top. I wanted one. I don't know why, I mean sure I can see my own progress at the bottom of my 2007 Word where it helpfully (or not so helpfully) shows how many words I have in this particular work. But for some reason, I really waned this gadget on my blog.


Maybe so I can show everyone else how little this story has progressed this weekend? Don't know, but it's so cool I had to have it. Thanks to NaNoWriMo Word Meter, now that I know what NaNoWriMo is! Pretty cool, I may give it a try this November!

I do wonder how to update the word meter without going to NaNoWriMo, but it's a minor quibble.

Hmm, now that I look at that, why is my blue progress bar sack in the middle? That's not right. Nope, tried again, from scratch. Same thing. Damn. Ah, well, it's still cool.

2 comments:

  1. Cool gizmo! I must get myself one! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cool, Liz. I have no idea why, but I'm fascinated with it! But I still can't figure out why it's only blue in the middle as if it's measureing from the middle to both ends. Oh well, I still like it.

    ReplyDelete