Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday recipe: Pepper Steak

Got a new crockpot for Christmas, but no new cookbook to go with it. I never really used a crockpot before, so it's a little daunting to figure out how to use it ad make stuff. But I've heard that a ham in the crockpot is delicious. We'll see.

This weekend I'm trying pepper and steak from allrecipes.com since I have no cookbook. Yet. And am sticking (for 2 whole days) to my resolution not to eat out.)

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
  • garlic powder to taste
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 cube beef bouillon
  • 1/4 cup hot water
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt

No comments:

Post a Comment