Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Recipe: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

Have I posted this before? I love crock pot meals and I love pulled pork. Any recipe I make combining these two wonders of society is always delicious.

PrepTime
10 Min

Cook Time:
7 Hrs

Ready In:
7 Hrs 10 Min

Ingredients
  • 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
  • 1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
  • 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted

Directions

  1. Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat.
  2. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours.
  3. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker.
  4. Drain well.
  5. Stir in barbecue sauce.
  6. Serve over hamburger buns.

Amount Per Serving Calories: 335 | Total Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 49mg

3 comments:

  1. Love the addition of the root beer...I bet it adds a great flavor...thanks for the great recipe! May just have to try it this weekend.

    Cheers!
    Happy cooking, writing, and......
    Elizabeth Knightbridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about root beer and pork, but haven't tried it yet. I will be trying this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you both enjoy it! The root beer was a shock but delicious!

    ReplyDelete