"Tilapia fillets are rubbed with a mix of secret spices, then pan fried and served on white bread with a squeeze of lemon juice." This is from All Recipes where I find 99% of my to-make items. (Those recipes I already have, I search for on All Recipes to share!)
3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 pinch garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1 tablespoon kosher salt, or to taste
1 pound tilapia fillets
1 lemon, cut into wedges
4 slices white bread
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, make the spice blend.
- Mix together the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, celery seed and kosher salt.
- Coat the fish fillets with the spice mixture, and allow to sit at room temperature for no longer than 30 minutes.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add oil, and heat until it is almost smoking.
- Place the fillets in the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until fish is opaque and can be flaked with a fork.
- Remove from the pan, and place onto slices of white bread. Pour pan juices over them and squeeze lemon juice all over.
- Do not underestimate the white bread. It gets quite tasty soaking up all the juices.
The Naughty or Nice Giveaway Hop was organized by Nat @ Reading Romances!
[Enter your text here]
What you can win here: Any of my backstoriesNumber of winners: Depends but at least 1 per day!Open to (INT, US or US/CAN): All ebooks, so internationalHow to enter: Leave me a comment, it's as simple as that!
Hop and enter the other giveaways!