Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday planning

Thanksgiving was a huge success...as were those extra pepperoni rolls I made and hid so I could have some after the crowd left! Now I'm gearing up for Christmas. Between the rolls, breads, cookies, cakes (possibly) and actual meal, is it any wonder I have no time to write?

In lieu of writing, I'm going to post some recipes I plan on making this year. Today will be the appetizer I'm making: Taco dip...yum!

1 8oz. pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1/2 pkg. powdered taco seasoning
1/2 bottle taco sauce (not salsa!)
2 cups taco style shredded cheese
lettuce (to taste, I like a lot)
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped (to taste, I like a lot)

Mix softened cream cheese and powdered taco seasoning in a bowl. Add taco sauce and spread in shallow Pyrex dish. Spread lettuce, tomatoes and onions evenly, then another layer of cream cheese & seasoning mix. Top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment