Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Facebook part 2

And now I feel really out of the loop. Last week a friend emailed me this article. It's about a 103 year old woman who uses facebook to keep in touch with friends and family. Once it got out that she was the oldest person on facebook, she received over 1000 friend requests.

If 103 year old woman who has seen everything from World War I to the invention of televisions, the first man on the moon, and the internet can facebook, then I should probably as well.

Does it count as peer pressure when she's several generations older than I am?

Ms Lowe is thought to have become the oldest person among Facebook's 500m users following the death of 104-year-old Ivy Bean, from Bradford, in July.

"I use it just for amusement really. I'm only a beginner. I do enjoy it, very much."

She said that someone her age would need "an active brain" to use the social network site.

The friends requests began pouring in when her activity on Facebook won widespread publicity.

She said she has heard of Twitter but does not know what it is.

She said: "We've had messages from all over the world. I'd like to say thank you very much".

No comments:

Post a Comment