Prep Time: Cook Time: Ready In:
5 Min 10 Min 2 Hrs 15 Min
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds flat iron steaks
- Stir together the paprika, salt, sugar, chili powder, chipotle powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin in a small bowl until blended. Rub the seasoning mix all over the flat iron steaks, then wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator 2 to 8 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook the steaks on the preheated grill until cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes in a warm location before slicing.