Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How do you like your Regency?

Recently Georgette Heyer's books have been made available in e-Book format. I've downloaded several of them. I recall my mom reading them when I was young, and while she knows better than to read what I write, I asked her about Ms. Heyer's titles.

A true writer of the Regency era, Ms. Heyer invokes details I'll never put into my books. Why? For the simple matter of space. Her details are beautiful and invoke 2 separate eras--that of the Regency and that of mid-20th century writing. My details may be a tad sparser, but I hope they adequately convey a sense of time and place.

I won't even get into the obvious differences between us. I doubt very much Ms. Heyer thought about writing a Regency Ménage Tale series. Could be wrong but I doubt it.

Seduction of a Proper Lady: A Regency Ménage Tale now available!

No comments:

Post a Comment