Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

eBook pricing 2

Yesterday I talked about publisher set pricing, what I would and wouldn't pay and a bit about the way royalties work. I got comments that talked about what people would pay, wouldn't, and what as an author, they would charge.

So today let's talk about what's worth the price. All being subjective, naturally, I think anything around $5.99 to $7.99 is reasonable, depending on length, quality of writing, how I enjoy the author's work, etc.

For instance, I'm not paying $5.99 for a story that's only 12,000 words. That seems excessive. But I will pay $5.99 for a story over 50,000 words. I'll even pay $7.99 for a 100,000 word story.

What do you think? Are you a self-pubbed author--what are you willing to set your prices at?

No comments:

Post a Comment