Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Recipe: Chicken Soup

I've posted about this before, chicken soup is a wonderful thing with lots of ways to add to the basic recipe itself. Today I'm posting it along with other remedies on how to combat a cold because I've been laid low by one for days and days.

How to get over a cold faster:
Zinc (check!)
Chicken Soup (check!)
Vitamin C (check!)

I did not make my chicken soup the Food.com way, I haven't felt like doing anything, let alone chop all these veggies. I opened my can, heated, and poured through a sieve so I could drink it straight.

Ingredients

    • 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
    • 2 lbs carrots, baby
    • 2 cups celery, with leaves, chopped roughly
    • 2 large onions, chopped roughly
    • 2 bay leaves
    • 0.5 (28 ounce) cans chicken broth
    • 1 cup frozen peas ( use later in recipe)
    • 1 tablespoon dehydrated dried parsley, approx. 1-Tblsp . ( use later with peas)
    • 2 cups cooked rice

Directions

  1. Layer in crock pot in this order:.
  2. Starting at bottom:.
  3. -Carrots.
  4. -Celery.
  5. -Onions.
  6. -Bay leaves.
  7. -Chicken (whole).
  8. -pour in broth till not quite half way up (save the rest for when you get home to add at the end) I kept in fridge but NOT in the can.
  9. Put on high for 1-hr. before you leave for work, then LOW until you get home. I had it on low from 8:00am till 5:30pm and it was done perfectly!
  10. Remove the chick and de-bone it, put chick back in soup w/rest of canned soup from refrigerator.
  11. OH, THEN I ADDED SOME FROZEN PEAS AND DEHYDRATED PARSLEY FLAKES.
  12. I had cooked rice but I would never put it into the soup, we just put it in our bowls and added the soup -- perfect and REALLY DELICIOUS!
Nutritional Facts for Simple Chicken Soup Made in Crock Pot:
Serving Size: 1 (617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 1033.7
Calories from Fat 500 48%
Total Fat 55.6 g 85%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g 79%
Cholesterol 248.5 mg 82%
Sodium 806.8 mg 33%
Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g 20%
Dietary Fiber
10.1 g 40%
Sugars 16.7 g 66%
Protein 67.8 g 135%

No comments:

Post a Comment