Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, February 18, 2013

#Movie Review: ParaNorman

This weekend I watched ParaNorman and the most I have to say about it is eh. It was only OK. So many themes, none of which were fleshed out well enough to make a whole. And the whole curse thing only made marginal sense, and then only about half-way through the finale.

Truthfully I found it a lot preachier than I expected. In the heavy-handed, bang me over the head way. There were a couple funny one-liners but they never went anywhere. And the family dynamics were confusing. Whose mother was grandmom? And where did the uncle fit in to that family tree?

Overall, an average 3 star movie. Good for a night's entertainment but only when nothing else is on.

Looking forward to Hotel Transylvania! 

No comments:

Post a Comment