Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Recipe: Pork Chops

I had no idea what to make and it's spring now, I thought I should put my crockpot away. I haven't yet, this weather is cold but I thought I'd make something springy. But what was I in the mood for? Thank you internet and my spring meals search.

Better Homes & Gardens offered a quick and easy spring meal selection. I chose Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops. It claims 25 minutes. Never believe that. But it wasn't too, too long. Picture is theirs. No. Mine didn't look like that, but then I didn't add caramelized onions or sweet potatoes. I made sweet corn in a steamer bag, microwaved baked potatoes, and served.

Ingredients
  • 41/2 inches thick bone-in pork chops
  • Salt
  • Ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
  • 1/2 cup apricot preserves
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon-style or spicy mustard
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • Fresh sage leaves (optional)
Directions
1. Season pork with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and onion to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes; turn pork and onions. Cook for 3 minutes more.
2. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine preserves, mustard, the water, paprika, and nutmeg. Heat in microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Pour over pork in skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through (slightly pink in center).
3. Divide pork and onion mixture among serving plates. If desired, top with sage.
Nutrition Facts (Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops)
  • Servings Per Recipe 4,
  • cal. (kcal) 503,
  • Fat, total (g) 32,
  • chol. (mg) 89,
  • sat. fat (g) 11,
  • carb. (g) 31,
  • Monosaturated fat (g) 15,
  • Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3,
  • fiber (g) 1,
  • sugar (g) 21,
  • pro. (g) 20,
  • vit. A (IU) 292,
  • vit. C (mg) 7,
  • Thiamin (mg) 1,
  • Riboflavin (mg) 0,
  • Niacin (mg) 5,
  • Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1,
  • Folate (µg) 16,
  • Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
  • sodium (mg) 313,
  • Potassium (mg) 448,
  • calcium (mg) 50,
  • iron (mg) 1,
  • Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment