|(Low Fat!) Lemon Blueberry Scones|
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup non fat milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine flours, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Slice butter and drop into dry ingredients.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter, fork, or use a food processor.
- Toss blueberries in one tablespoon flour. Stir to coat.
- Add blueberries and lemon zest and gently stir.
- Gently mix in milk and yogurt. Use your hands to work the dough into a ball, working quickly to avoid melting the butter.
- Form dough into a disc about 7" across. Cut into 6-10 triangles.
- Separate slices and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk egg. Brush tops of scones with egg wash.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
Ok, yes, the scones aren't very wicked, so how about a glimpse from Wickedly Wanton?
Wickedly Wanton: A Regency Menage Tale
What you can win here: A PDF copy of any of my Hellfire Club Erotique booksNumber of winners: 1Open to (INT, US or US/CAN): If you can receive an e-book, you can enter to win!How to enter: Leave a comment on your favorite Halloween tradition WITH email address. Comments with no email or with no holiday recipe won't count.
Hop and enter the other giveaways!
To sign up, please add your link bellow: