Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Recipe: Cookie Icing

At work someone brought in beautiful cookies in the bakery box and other than not wanting to eat them because they looked so gorgeous, I wanted to know how to make them. I'd never iced a cookie, but these were festive, colorful, and non-fondant. Which I hate and refuse to use. Ever. No taste=no need for it in my baking. This is the recipe I used for the cookie icing.


Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 15 Minutes
Servings: 12


Ingredients:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (I use vanilla; don't like almond extract!)
assorted food coloring (mix more than you'll need because you'll never get that exact color again otherwise! Or is that just me?)
Directions:
1. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
2. Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush.

2 comments:

  1. I have never made it from scratch. I use the icing in a can. Lol. I'll have to try this one. Thanks for sharing, Kristabel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go looking for an EE avvie and find a simple recipe that even I can do!

    thanks for being part of the erotic enchants fun and games

    ReplyDelete