Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

All about...questions, answers, and new stories!

What is the working title of your book?
The Half-Breed Earl: An Edwardian Ménage...as you can tell, it's only a working title!

Where did the idea come from for the book?

My main male character is a half-English and half-Haitian heir to an earldom. I wanted to do something a little different for this story and thought introducing a half Haitian hero would be interesting and fun. During the Edwardian era prejudices were still alive and well and I want to use that as a part of my story.

What genre does your book fall under?
Historical erotic romance. Specifically Edwardian Ménage Romance.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Assuming they'd ever make an Edwardian ménage romance into a movie...
LL Cool J for Tristan Harton, Earl of Westhope
Kate Beckinsale for Lady Adelle Brockton
Piper Perabo for Miss Cassandra Saxon Collingmore


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? (I admit, I did 2 sentences!)
The carefree Earl of Westhope must marry to ensure the line, but has decided to enjoy life instead; when he meets two intriguing young women he realizes he's met his match. But when events alter all their lives, things turn far more serious than even Westhope could have imagined.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

This one I plan to submit to an e-publisher.
 
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
The holidays came and interfered with my writing schedule. That and I'm really moving along with another WIP and feel the need to finish that one. I'm still working on Half-Breed Earl (I need a better title!) but hope to finish it by mid-January. I did have an idea on how to fix chapters 1 and 2 but need the time and quiet to do so!

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

An Edwardian Ménage Romance? Downton Abbey meets erotic romance. Any historical menage romance + any historical soap opera.


Who or What inspired you to write this book?

My utter love of Downton Abbey and my utter love of ménage romance. Combine the 2 and it's sure to be explosive! Or at least have mind-blowing sex and a dramatic plot.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

My plot outline includes as much drama from the Edwardian era as I could manage to put in. Plus it has a biracial hero in a time when that would have never happened. Mix in a sexy threesome, a revenge plot, a stalker, and hot monkey sex, and you have a delicious mix of costume drama and ménage sex.

I was supposed to tag at least 5 people to continued the hop but no one volunteered! Sooo...if you'd like to continue the Next Big Thing Blog Hop and post your answer to these questions, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Just popping in to say Hello and Thank you from Erotic Enchants!

    ReplyDelete