Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Recipe: Potato and Cheddar Soup

This fall I did a post on one of my favorite soups, potato soup. I usually add cheese, since cheese makes everything taste better. So here's the revises recipe I love, cheddar cheese included! Potato and Cheddar Soup...as always thier photo, not mine.

Ingredients
2 cups water
2 cups peeled and cubed red potatoes
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 small onion, chopped
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup diced ham


Directions
Using a medium sized stock pot bring water to a boil, add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain reserving 1 cup liquid.

Stir in butter, onion and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually stir in potatoes, reserved liquid, milk, sugar, cheese, and ham. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.

Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 169 Total Fat: 9.9g Cholesterol: 34mg

And don't forget my in honor of the 200th anniversary of the Regency Era officially beginning contest! I'm giving away random copies of my Regency Ménage Tale series. Simply leave a comment about why you like reading Regency romances to be entered! Any comment left between February 5 and Saturday February 11 will count towards the giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment