Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Recipe with Louisa Bacio

Today I'm sharing Friday Recipes with Louisa who has offered up a truly delicious red beans and rice for her selection. The best part about this is that it's a one-pot recipe!

Easy Red Beans & Rice with Louisa Bacio

First, thanks so much to Kristabel for allowing me to guest today. I’m such a fan of her erotic historical ménages, and I regularly check out her Friday recipes.

In celebration of my new release erotic paranormal The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf: A Threesome Wedding Adventure, I’m going to share a traditional New Orleans staple, Red Beans & Rice. As with most recipes, when I started to make this one I stuck with the basics, and then started to veer off. Since I tend to cook a lot of Italian, I like to use a mild sausage, with the casings removed. Finally, in our household, since it’s the perfect one-pot recipe, I throw in a funky veggie such as corn.


Cook it up, and bring home a little bit of the Big Easy.

Ingredients
Olive oil
Small onion chopped
3 stalks celery
2 gloves garlic, chopped
Small bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped (not traditional, but I like yellow for the color contrast)
2 cans kidney beans with liquid
1 can chopped tomatoes (If you can get fire roasted, even better)
½ pound sausage, sliced and cooked – Andouille is traditional
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Salt/ pepper to taste
Top with chopped parsley
White rice, cooked
Can of kernel corn, drained (optional)
** Want to make it vegetarian, substitute soy sausage and bacon.


Directions

1) Sauté onions, celery, garlic and bell pepper in oil until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
2) Add in sausage and bacon. If I’m using mild Italian sausage – without casings, I push the veggies to the side and cook the meat in the same pan. Depending upon the type of sausage used, you may need to drain afterward.

3) Add in kidney beans, tomatoes, salt, pepper and corn (if using), and simmer for at least 30 minutes.

4) Serve over hot rice.


This meal tastes even better the second day after the flavors intensify.


Thanks for stopping by!


The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf: A Threesome Wedding Adventure

Planning a wedding can be stressful and crazy-making. Planning three weddings at the same time? That’s insanity. While The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf embark on a nuptial excursion, Silver & Nick hold down the home fortress in New Orleans.

And as if everyone doesn’t have enough to deal with, the Voodoo King comes calling with a magic elixir that diminishes sexual inhibitions and an eerie quiet spreads across the French Quarter. Life as they know it may never be the same.

The threesome is forced to put off honeymoon bliss in order to banish the demons of their past, and embrace the uncertainty of the future.

Available via Ravenous Romance, Amazon and other eRetailers.

I’ll give away one copy of a book from my backlist to one commenter. Please leave an email address where you can be contacted.

Until next time,
Louisa Bacio

http://www.facebook.com/louisabacio
http://www.twitter.com/louisabacio
http://louisabacio.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. I love Krisabel's Friday recipes! This sounds interesting. My hubby would live it though, so I will add it to my list of foods to try. I am more of a traditional (plain) eater, but am willing to try many different foods. I have only had red beans and rice a few times but did like them. People have told me that if you want to get bigger hips and a butt, that is what you should eat. I stayed away from them as I already have plenty of both. ;) Lol.
    Congrats on your new release, Louisa! It sounds like a wonderful read! Is this part of a series? Thank you for sharing! :)
    Trb0917 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tina! I think if you eat enough ... it might pack on the pounds, but occasionally!

    This is book 3 in a series. The first book is "The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf: A New Orleans Threesome," and book two is Chains of Silver" as the subtitle!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the blurbs on the first 2 and will be adding them to my TBR. They sound like my type of books. ;)

      Delete