Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Regecy: Cards

Until oh, 2 weeks ago, I never thought about what Regency playing cards looked like. I cared more about what they played rather than much else. I still don't understand Faro or Whist, but alas, I play a mean hand of rummy and poker and am pretty satisfied with that.

But, thanks to whatever urge led me to search for them, and Eveyln K. Duncan's post on Regency Era Pictoral Playing Cards - Ackermann's Repository, I present you with the following authentic (pictures) of Regency playing cards.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, those are lovely, Kristabel. I love to run across old things like these that are so fine, they make you ache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they simply beautiful! I forget how I stumbled across the site but I'm so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete